The Build Process
The build process creates "ready to deploy", optimized application-bundles from the source code. The process is controlled by the build.xml file, which is situated at the root of the project. This file is a standard Ant file which is used to control the J2ME Polish-task. The J2ME Polish-task is separated into the sections "info", "deviceRequirements" and "build".
During the build following steps are accomplished:
- Selection of the supported devices
- Assembling of the resources
- Preprocessing of the source code, optimizing for the device
- Compilation of the application
- Obfuscation and shrinking of the compiled code
- Creation of the JAR and JAD files
All but the first steps are done for each selected device.